Lil Wooski ain't your average teen

Continuing my trip back in time through the album charts

18/06/21 : Hall Of Fame - Polo G


I'm not aware that I'm aware of Polo G, but he's going to be some US rappy type, isn't he?  And I'm not going to like him.

Well, yes he is a US rappy type but actually it's surprisingly bearable when compared with some of his peers.  I mean, I obviously didn't LIKE it (let's not be silly now) but I didn't feel the need to turn it down or off.  It's just not my kind of thing and I hope Polo can live with that - although "For The Love Of New York" (the track with Nicki Minaj) did stand out from the crowd for me.

We're at #3 in the charts this week in his debut week with Noel (straight in at #1) and Olivia ahead of him but he managed a decent run of 11 weeks on the chart before dropping off.  Other new entries are Garbage (#5), Bo Burnham (#6 - which hung around the top 10 for 7 weeks, but never made it high enough for me to review so I listened to it and, errr - it's odd.  But quite enjoyable though and there's no doubting the guy has talent) and Migos (#9 - and I can tell you nothing about them at all).  Also, oddly, Jessie Ware reentered the top 10 at #7 - in her third run at the charts, all of which have seen her enter in the top 10 and then plummet out of sight in a week or two.

Wikipedia has a lot less on the album than I was expecting - usually it goes mad for such things.  It basically just lists all the guest stars, says the critics mostly liked it and the public loved it - #1 in the US and top five in a load of countries.

"Customers also listened to" Hitz, DJ Khaled and Internet Money (one of whom I've at least heard of).  I think it's probably just safest to say this isn't my area of expertise or enjoyment - but I did find this more bearable than some other similar stuff that I just can't get with.

11/06/21 - An album I may well revisit
25/06/21 - An ironic use of "best of"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves