Spinning 'round a dying sun just like everyone


Continuing my trip forward in time through the album charts

04/02/22 : Amazing Things - Don Broco



I've met Don Broco before and I remember they rock, but couldn't remember if I liked it or not - it turned out that I could see it was fine if you liked this sort of thing, but I was unable to say if I did or not.  So I was expecting something similar here...

...and yeah, it pretty much was - although it appears I was more in the mood for it because I quite liked it (and it felt rockier than I remembered the previous one being).  It also sounded good through headphones - some nice bass to it.  And it's got some great track titles as well - "Manchester Super Reds No. 1 Fan", "How Are You Done With Existing?" and "Bruce Willis" (and the last one has a great chorus!).

An odd one on the chart position this week - this is #1 (their first album to get to the top spot), but it was its second week in the charts, having previously got to the dizzy heights of #91 for one week in early November.  Can you work out why? (and it's a perfectly logical explanation, but let me assure you I had no idea until I looked it up).  Answer at the end...

Wikipedia doesn't have a lot on the album (other than explaining the mystery of the album chart placings) although it does mention in passing that the first single "was promoted by the band pretending their Instagram account had been hacked in the days preceding the release, posting a number of David Beckham photos" - which seems kinda odd, I guess.  "Customers also listened to" Boston Manor, Trash Boat and Press To Meco - none of whom I can tell you the slightest thing about.  I liked this album a lot more than I was expecting though and it made a very pleasant change from a lot of the global megastar blandness I've had to suffer.

And the reason for the odd chart placings is that the album was released digitally at the end of October but physically last week (probably due to vinyl shortages) and I'm guessing Don Broco fans like to have something they can get their mitts on.

28/01/22 - Just a bit bland really
11/02/22 - Nothing really wrong with it, I guess.  But...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves