Better than watching Geller bending silver spoons - better than witnessing new born nebulas in bloom

Continuing my trip up #album-of-the-day...

21.10.22 : Tea For The Tillerman - Cat Stevens (1970)


One I've previously written about - it was harmless enough, but not as good as I was expecting.  The channel gave this eleven thumbs up, one raised hands and one nice comment.  

21.10.25 : Morning View - Incubus (2001)


I'd not heard this before - I'd just avoided them because of the name but now I can't remember whether I actually liked it or not, so I'm stuck with avoiding them just in case.  But my channel comment tells me I should ignore myself (or maybe remember things better)

I think I subconsciously avoided Incubus because I assumed from their name that they were a lot heavier than they are.  But I didn't mind that at all...

The channel liked it and them a lot giving it one call me, two hearts, two horns, one nice and a lot of discussion as to which of their albums is the best.  Wikipedia has a selection of random sentences on the album, none of which are particularly enlightening.  It was received well enough critically, but did very well commercially reaching #2 in the US (kept off the top by Ludacris' Chicken'N'Beer - which I can assure you I've never listened to) and #15 in the UK, which totally passed me by at the time.

"Customers also listened to" Fuel, Hoobastank, Chevelle, Audioslave and Trapt - one word names are all the rage in this area, it appears.  But I liked this a lot more than I was expecting - although apparently I shouldn't go assuming I'll like all of their stuff, but I should at least make an effort to try to listen to it.

21.10.26 : Me Moan - Daughn Gibson (2013)


And I don't remember anything about this one either, other than thinking "what a silly name!".  My channel comment was positively effusive on the subject though

Yeah, there's certainly a bit of Presley in there - John Grant and Scott Walker would be other touchpoints for me.  I'd agree it's weird, but it seemed pretty accessible to me (although "The Right Signs" somewhat tested my patience - and it managed an impressive 0/10 rating on Amazon).  Not entirely sure I liked the album - but I didn't not like it either.  I'm also very unconvinced by Daughn as a name, but you'd have to say it makes searching for him very easy...

The channel gave it one thumbs up and a couple of positive comments.  Wikipedia has the following entry for the album "Me Moan is the second studio album by Daughn Gibson, an American singer-songwriter and the former drummer of Pearls and Brass. It was released in July 2013 under Sub Pop Records."  So now you know as much as me.

"Customers also listened to" Cooley High, CHAR, Bedlam and Havana Club - never heard of any of them!  I liked some bits of this, but it didn't quite gel for me, I'm afraid.

Cat Stevens has the best tracks with "Father And Son" and "Wild World", but there's far too much filler on there for me I'm afraid, so in a completely unexpected state of affairs, Incubus take the round.

21.10.19 - Controversial!
21.10.27 - Three very successful albums

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves