You've heard all they got to say - you looked but turned away

Continuing my trip up #album-of-the-day...

21.01.29 : Hannah - Lomelda (2020)

No idea about this at all - especially not after having looked at the album cover.  But having listened to it, Lomelda is definitely lo-fi - and a bit too lo-fi for me, I'm afraid.  There are glimmers of songs in there, but only glimmers amidst the mess and noise - I'll leave it for others to enjoy.
The channel gave this five thumbs up and one positive comment.  Wikipedia doesn't have anything on the album but tells me that Lomelda is a made up word that means "echo of the stars" (do they echo though?) and her real name is actually Hannah.  It also tells me she's American - I just assumed she was from the UK for some reason.
"Customers also listened to", unsurprisingly, a load of people I've never heard of.  I tend to avoid this kind of thing generally - I like a bit more structure and it just doesn't do it for me.  Sorry, Loze!
21.02.01 : Baduizm - Erykah Badu (1997)

Another one I've already written about (the first one for over two months) and it's funny because I didn't remember enjoying it, but it appears I did!  I've obviously not revisited it, but I'm guessing I should.
The channel gave this nine thumbs up, two raised hands, one red heart and one yellow heart.  I think these are all good things, but can't be entirely sure.
21.02.02 : All Change - Cast (1995)

I really liked "Sandstorm", "Walkaway" and "Fine Time" back in the day and picked this album up to buy it on several occasions (ah, do you remember those days of browsing in record shops?!?) but never actually did so - and never actually got around to listening to it either.  So I was interested to finally getting around to hearing it - I was expecting something very much of its time and was intrigued as to whether it would sound dated or not.
And I'd say whilst it is very much of its time, I don't think it sounds all that dated because it so obviously references the 60s so much that it was actually pretty dated at the time.  I was also slightly concerned that it would all sound a bit same-y and I think it actually avoids this pretty well - 65 minutes was probably pushing the limit of the time needed, but I feel they just got away with it.  All in all, it was a fun time that I probably should have had back in the day.
The channel gave this three thumbs up and a VERY long conversation about buying CDs.  Wikipedia has both a lot and nothing to say about the album - the main thing I took away was that I was pleased I didn't listen to the deluxe edition with 42 tracks on it.  Apparently it was Polydor's best selling debut album ever at the time - getting to #7 in the UK charts.
"Customers also listened to" Shed Seven, The Seahorses (Do It Yourself is a great album), Embrace and Inspiral Carpets.  And, all of a sudden, the screens gone all wavey and I'm taken back in time (to a surprisingly long time ago now).  And quite how I avoided this album at the time is unclear, so I was pleased to listen to it now (only 26 years later!)
Cast or Erykah take the round for me - Cast are more up my street but I feel a bit guilty for not thinking I liked Erykah when I did.  But not that guilty though - so well done the lads form Liverpool.
21.01.26 - Another three first time listens
21.02.03 - Another musical mixed bag

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves