Your patter doesn't really matter

Continuing my trip up #album-of-the-day...

21.04.09 : Cowboy Bebop (OST) : Seatbelts (1998)

We've got a first here - not only have I not heard of the album or the artist, but I've also not heard of the film (sorry - I now know it's a series, but that just shows how much I didn't know I didn't know) that it's the soundtrack to.  And hmmm - it's an odd one.  It's well done jazz-funk (bebop, I assume!), but a lot of it just sounds like a Starsky & Hutch chase to me (and surely it's not that old, is it?).  However, whilst I can see that it must invoke feelings of nostalgia in those that experienced it the first time around, I can't for the life of me imagine a situation where I'd ever listen to this again.  Sorry!
The channel gave this three hearts, one nice-jazz-club, two nice-jazz-club-2s and a lot of positive comments on both the album and the series.  I'm very interested to read what Wikipedia has to say all about this - I feel I'm missing a lot of info about this.  And it doesn't really have anything on the album apart from a track listing under the "Music of Cowboy Bebop" entry - but it has a massive amount on the series.  So much so that I was totally intimidated from reading any of it.
"Customers also listened to" a lot of people in the mangasphere apparently - which is something I know very little about.  This feels well done, but just not something I'd go for, I'm afraid.
21.04.12 : Twister : LEISURE (2019)

Nope - never heard of this lot either but I'm guessing indie dudes.  But no.  It's - well, it's not indie, certainly.  I'd maybe go with "Jamoquai-lite" - that's gonna get the crowds flocking, ain't it?  I didn't mind it - I'd say it's inoffensive but inessential, which I'm not sure is the verdict that anyone is looking for.  If I had to pick one word to sum it up, I'd probably go for "meh" - sorry.
The channel gave this one heart, one speaker, one nice and one positive comment.  Wikipedia has nothing on the album or the artist but a quick Google tells me they're from NZ and the album is "a freeform exploration into pop psychedelia, smooth R&B and big room modern soul music".  Of course it is.
"Customers also listened to" a load of people I've never heard of, but I was quite taken by the name Winston Surfshirt.  But again, this isn't something I'd spend any time on.
21.04.13 : Eccentric Audio : Smoove And Turrell (2011)

And again, I've never heard of album or artist to complete the round of ignorance - the name was leading me to think we were in for some funk or R&B though.  And yeah, it's soulful funk or funkful soul - it's not really my sort of thing so I wouldn't like to categorise it too closely.  It's done well enough to my uneducated ear, but not something I'd search out.  It also felt considerably longer than the advertised 54 minutes - probably due to my uneducated ear.
The channel gave this two nices, one thumbs up, two woo-ric-flairs, some positive comments and a new joiner.  Wikipedia again has nothing on album or artist (it's not done very well this round, has it?) but Google again comes to the rescue and tells me they're from the North-East and have been making their smoove sounds for over 10 years now.  And it also shows me they have some very dodgy haircuts.
"Customers also listened to" - yup, you guessed it.  Nobody I know anything about.  So we've got a hat-trick of ignorance and general indifference on my part, I'm afraid.
Not the best round for me - I didn't hate any of them and they're all done well enough, but they just didn't engage me.  Smoove And Turrell take the round, but there are plenty of rounds in which they'd have been a distant third.
21.04.06 - A somewhat eclectic mix
21.04.14 - What?  Some women?!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves