Name's Jason, he's a bad boy with no reasoning

Continuing my trip up #album-of-the-day...

21.01.21 : Blast Tyrant - Clutch (2004)

Another one of which I had no knowledge of either album or artist - but I could tell from the album cover what I was going to get and I knew I wasn't going to like it.  But...
...it was surprisingly bearable - not at all my sort of thing, but I found myself rocking out to it considerably more than I was expecting.  There's obviously no danger of me ever listening to it again, but it really could have been far worse.  However, I really didn't need 93 minutes of it - I might have given up somewhat around the hour mark and the track ratings in Amazon suggest I'm not alone there.  It's certainly an "interesting" album cover though.
The channel gave this three OK hand emojis and a lot of positive comments.  And a lot of discussion as to whether Best Of albums are allowed - the verdict was definitely yes, but things get more complicated around playlists.  Wikipedia has a reasonable amount on the album which manages to say absolutely nothing - it got to #145 in the US charts is all I took away.
"Customers also listened to" a load of people I've never heard of, but I'd be lying if I said the name Alabama Thunderpussy didn't catch my eye.  I can see I'd get along OK with their "best of" but this album was just a bit too much for me, I'm afraid.
21.01.22 : PSYCHODRAMA - Dave (2019)

An album I've not only heard about, I've actually heard - wonders will never cease!  I also liked it - it stood out from a very crowded crowd for me because of the intelligent lyrics and the interesting backing sounds he employs.  "Lesley" is an excellent track which unwinds a horrifying story expertly, building tension as it goes along - but it's eclipsed by "Black", particularly his version from the Brits (which you have to watch if you haven't seen it).  It's also got a very cool album cover.
The channel had a fine nomination speech for the album which I heartily agree with, eight thumbs up, two raised hands and one positive comment.  Wikipedia has quite a lot on the album (128 milliPeppers) and it's fair to say that most of it is extremely complimentary - the album was very well received both critically and commercially, debuting at #1 in the UK.
"Customers also listened to" J Hus (who features on this album and his album is well worth a listen), Headie One and AJ Tracey (live and direct, no doubt).  This is a fine album though - definitely one of the best examples of UK rap out there (says someone who knows bugger all about UK rap).
21.01.25 : Let It Lie - The Bros. Landreth (2013)

Never heard of album or artist and was intrigued as to who exactly would call themselves "The Bros. Anything".  Well, the answer is a Canadian country/folk group, it appears - and actually I liked this.  It's not exactly challenging, but they make a pleasant sound which burbled away in the background nicely.  Will I remember they exist next time I need this sort of thing?  Probably not, but I can but try.  I'd have to say it's a very Canadian album cover as well.
The channel gave this three thumbs up and one positive comment.  Wikipedia has nothing on the album and very little on the band - they're a mysterious bunch.  There are 2 Landreth Bros apparently (with very fine facial hair) and a varying number of other people depending upon the mood - and that's all I can tell you based upon very little research (and effort).
"Customers also listened to" a load of people I've never heard of, which surprised me not in the slightest.  But I liked this - it was a pleasant discovery.
So whilst I can declare myself to be a potential Bros convert, the round has to go to Dave methinks.
21.01.18 - Only gonna be one winner here
21.01.26 - Another three first time listens

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves