Baby, baby - ain't it true? I'm immortal when I'm with you

Continuing my trip up #album-of-the-day...

20.08.28 : Blak And Blue - Gary Clark Jr (2013)

Never heard of him so no expectations going in.  And yeah, I'm not entirely sure how I'd describe it but it's certainly very American.  Blues rock, I guess - it's generally done pretty well although it did remind me of Huey Lewis in places, which I'm pretty certain wasn't his aim.  I can't say I'd search this out, but I can see having it on with a few beers and a bbq going would be a perfectly acceptable way to spend some time.
The channel had two thumbs up but no comments - it was a Friday before a bank holiday so I think we can forgive everyone!  Wikipedia has quite a few sentences about it, but very little content.  Critical reception was mixed and commercial response was muted - except in New Zealand where it got to #6.  Obviously.
"Customers also listened to" a load of people who, unless I'm very much mistaken, have got the blues.  I quite like the blues as a genre, but only to watch live - putting a blues album on just doesn't push my buttons.  However, this was just rocky enough that I didn't mind it, even if I won't exactly be rushing back to it.
20.09.01 : Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea - PJ Harvey (2000)

One I've visited before, but I've liked it from way back in the day - a fine selection of songs indeed.
The channel liked it and the channel's dads liked it as well (although I can confirm that my dad wouldn't like it).  It also caused someone to leave the channel, join the channel and then leave again - not entirely sure why. 
20.09.02 : Statues - Black Peaks (2018)

Never heard of the album or the group, but the use of the word "black" suggests we were in for something heavy.  And yeah, that's where we are.  It's not really my sort of thing but I actually liked a surprising amount of it - except for that low, shouty roar thing that bands like this seem to love doing.  I do wish they wouldn't - I've asked nicely for them to stop but they just don't seem to listen.  But apart from all those bits, I didn't mind this, although it did drag a bit towards the end.
The channel responded with one raised hands and 3 positive comments.  Wikipedia has no entry for the album and very little to say about the band - they need to get working on that.
"Customers also listened to" a load of people who I would imagine like to rock - and several of whom have "black" in their name.  As with Gary Clark, this isn't really my thing but I didn't mind it (except for the low, shouty roar bits - which was quite a lot, if I'm being honest).
The competition isn't terrible, but It's an easy win for Polly Jean, the notable cig fiddle player.
20.08.25 - Three I knew nothing about
20.09.03 - Two fine ladies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves