Only to find that there is no honey on the moon

Continuing my trip up #album-of-the-day...

20.07.06 : Vicious Delicious - Infected Mushroom (2007)

This was the alternative choice from "yesterday" which completely confused the channel, so it was decided to present it "today" for people to make up their mind about it - I'd never heard of it or them, so was coming in completely blind.  And hmmm, it's not really my thing - it just sounds a bit of a bleepy, beaty mess to me.  Not mellow enough to have on in the background, but not strong enough to listen to either - not sure what I'm supposed to do with it.  It's also got one creepy album cover, but it's still kinda cool.
The channel was positively quiet, but quietly positive for the weirdness - more time was spent talking about Ennio Morricone's death than anything else though.  Wikipedia doesn't have an entry for this album, although some of their other superbly titled albums do, including Converting Vegetarians II and The Head Of NASA And The Two Amish Boys.  Apparently they're one of the best selling Israeli music acts ever - which makes me feel like I should have heard of them before, so bad me.
"Customers also listened to" - err, yeah.  That lot.  None of whom I've heard of - but that's probably because this is just not quite my sort of thing.
20.07.07 : Away With The Fairies - Astralasia (2006)

And another one I'm completely unaware of I'm afraid - I despair at my ignorance sometimes.  It's not a million miles aware from the previous offering, but has more bleeps and less beats so is slightly more up my street.  It reminded me of Sasha & Digweed in places, but unfortunately mostly in a "this isn't quite as good as S&D, is it?" which probably isn't the thing they were aiming for.  Not hateful, but not great either.
The channel commented on the psychedelic nature and the length of the songs, but not so much on whether it liked it.  Wikipedia has nothing to say about the band or the album - it really cuts down the time to write these things when that happens!
"Customers also listened to" another "no similar recommendations" - we're certainly not in Kansas any more, are we?  "I didn't mind this" is about as far as I'm prepared to go though - sorry!
20.07.08 : Every Day - The Cinematic Orchestra (2016)

So, for this one, I think I have actually heard some TCO stuff on one of the many chillout compendium albums I have but would have struggled to pick it out of a musical line-up.  And having listened to a whole album of it, I would continue to struggle to pick it out - it's perfectly fine, but a perfectly fine background noise which I paid absolutely no attention to.
The channel had a quite a few positive comments on this - it was definitely their recent favourite.  For a change, Wikipedia does have an entry for the album but I'd be lying if I said it was exactly comprehensive.  It also tells me that it's apparently a "nu jazz" album and if that's not a phrase to make me run away screaming, I don't know what is.
"Customers also listened to" Submotion Orchestra and Portico Quartet, neither of whom I've heard of - and Bonobo, who I have and I can definitely see the connection.  This kinda stuff I generally like for a track or two and then it just fades into nothingness.
Not a great round for me - I'm going for Astralasia as the winners because at least I listened to it enough that it reminded me of something I liked.  But none of these are on my list of "albums I'm going to regret forgetting about"...
20.07.01 - Two fine albums.  And another one.
20.07.09 - A strong Scandinavian showing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves