Watch this space!

Continuing my trip down The Guardian's Top 50 TV Shows of 2023 

#8 : Top Boy

After five TV-changing, fiercely innovative series, this Drake-backed drama bowed out with its greatest-ever season. There were shootouts, broken hearts, moments of achingly poignant tragedy and a timely reminder of the human costs of Rishi Sunak’s “batshit” Rwanda policy. The bar has been set for inner-city British gangster dramas – not least by a final scene whose brilliance was nothing short of heart-in-mouth astonishing.

The Guardian has already told me how good this is, I've promised to watch it and the reviews of this final season (particularly the ending) really sound like I should, but we need to be realistic about when that might happen.  Not now, is most definitely the answer...

I will revisit this when I get round to it - probably some time in the 2030's.

#7 - Stands out from a crowded pack
#9 - Very good, I'm told

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves