Sorry - no time available for this!

Continuing my trip down The Guardian's Top 50 TV Shows of 2022.  

#36 : Better Things

As Pamela Adlon’s loosely autobiographical comedy drama came to a close, it did so with its best season ever. This fifth series zipped along at breakneck pace, celebrating the chaotic joy of motherhood in storylines that flitted from moments of delight to the gutpunching cruelty of family arguments when they involve adolescent children. Its passing has left a huge hole in TV comedy.


Sorry, but even I have to accept that there's not enough time for everything and if something can get to season five without be ever having heard of it, then I think I can probably accept that I can live without it in my life.

Wikipedia tells me that Pamela Adlon has got particular praise for her performance (as the amusingly named Sam Fox) and she also writes it, along with Louis CK.  It's also got quite the cast, including Celia Imrie, Lucy Davis and Matthew Broderick as recurring characters and a whole host of famous guest stars, often playing themselves - which has got me kinda intrigued.  But not intrigued enough to watch it - sorry!

#35 - I really liked this
#37 - Well worth a watch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves