Thanks for all the fun. Bye.

Continuing my trip down The Guardian's Top 50 TV Shows of 2022.  

#16 : The White Lotus

Arguably, this second season of Mike White’s holiday whodunnit shouldn’t exist. How do you beat frazzled hotel manager Armond crapping in a suitcase? You don’t … And yet, the show’s excellent comedy writing is enough to compel people to check in again. That and the spectacular cast – led by the queen of Vespas, Jennifer Coolidge, followed closely by the deliciously deadpan Aubrey Plaza. This time, there’s far more sex thrown in – but still plenty of opportunities to laugh at the awfully rich and ridiculous.

So far this year, I've put quite a few series on my "second tier watchlist" and I've given up on one after a couple of episodes, but I've yet to give up on one without watching any of it.  So, of course, this is what happens here - and that's partially down to my aborted attempt at season one and partially down to The Guardian's description above (although it also almost made me give it a go).

The main problem when I tried it before was that I just didn't get it - it was just a load of people I didn't like, doing stuff I either didn't like or I didn't understand. And whilst I have heard a few people say they liked it, I didn't have anyone try to argue with me that I HAD to watch it.

And then The Guardian said "this time, there’s far more sex thrown in" and I can assure you that for the episodes I did watch, the last thing I was thinking was "you know what this needs?  more sex".  No thank you, Mr Guardian.

But, one thing that would definitely improve anything is more Aubrey Plaza and I feel she would fit in well to the general mania on display here, so I was almost tempted to put it on the second tier list.  But let's be realistic, if I do then I'm never going to get round to it - sorry, White Lotus dudes.

#15 - It only took me six months to watch this
#17 - Pretty damn charming

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves