Going out with some good advice!

     

Well, I'm not happy yet - this final list had better sort me out,

43. Wear glitter
Apparently Ganni have launched biodegradable glitter, so all you Guardian types can breathe easy now.  Unless you have sparkalophobia, apparently.  Either way, I'm pretty certain that me wearing glitter would not cheer my children up.

44. Ice, baby
Follow an online tutorial and ice a cake.  That might cheer me up, but I suspect a spot on Bake Off - An Extra Slice would be a more likely result - the rubbish cakes are one of the few things I'm almost guaranteed to laugh at on telly.

45. Make your own hair treatment
You can just tell this is going to be so, so Guardian without reading the rest, can't you?  Apparently you need "mayonnaise, eggs (raw, not fried or scrambled), rosemary oil, olive oil and honey" and "Yes, it’s a little messy. Yes, you will smell like a salad dressing".  I'm kinda sad they made it clear not to use fried eggs though because the follow-up letters would have been hilarious.  I should make it clear though that I will not be trying this.

46. Do a very hard 3D jigsaw
"Hand-cut with no picture on the box, sometimes no edges and pieces deliberately missing in the middle" - they sound like a freakin' nightmare!  And not in the slightest bit cheerful.

47. Turn on the box
There's a lot on that there telly thing - The Guardian here specifically recommends Big Boys (with "the wee English fella" from Derry Girls) which is supposed to be good and Glass Onion, which I'm off to see today - at the cinema, because it's not on telly yet.  From the best of 2021 list I'm reviewing, I'd recommend Starstuck and Only Murders In The Building - they're both absolutely charming (although one features slightly more murders than the other).

48. Order a double takeaway
This is a weird one - I just don't see it.  Would they go together?  Would they arrive together?  Would you just have waaaay too much food?  I can see it might be interesting, but would it cheer me up?

49. Chocolate: go big or go home
"Did you know that Toblerone do a bar that weighs 4.5kg? Do with that information what you will".  I like Toblerone, but this is not for me - as I've got older, I'd rather pay more for less of some better.  Not too much though - some of the chocolates we saw in Paris were laughably expensive.  Hotel Chocolat will do me just fine thank you.

50. Sweat in a sauna
I actually quite like a sauna, but I never find myself anywhere where I could have one - and I'd never dream of going somewhere to get one.  All of which leaves me somewhat saunaless.

51. Get picked up
By which they mean, find someone strong to lift you off the ground.  This just feels like it would be unpleasant to me and I'd have to wait until Uncle Darren was around because I imagine no-one else would be strong enough.  And I'm sure he has better things to be doing.

52. Take your shoes off
Yeah, I can go with that.  Oh, you mean outside?  Well, OK.  In a muddy field?  Errr - you do realise it's November, right?  NO!

53. Stop
I think this is good advice - but I can't say it cheers me up.  It's more like it calms me down and reminds me of my place in the world.  And it's a broken world in so many ways, but I have plenty to be thankful for - and I hope you do too.

So just stop, and watch TV with some decent chocolate - there's plenty worse advice you'll get today, I can tell you.  And well done to The Guardian for finally coming up with some decent suggestions.

#21-31 : Read and listen to music with funny lipstick on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves