Forward, side, together

Continuing my trip back in time through the album charts

11/03/73 : The Strauss Family - LSO


I've no idea what this is all about - I'm expecting a load of waltzes.

And yes, that's what we've got - although I've no idea whether there were all waltzes because I very soon lost interest in them.  The only thing that maintained my interest was wondering what bizarre set of circumstances meant that I was listening to it.

We're at #11 in the charts this week on its ninth week of a 16 week run, with it quite bizarrely having peaked at #2 for two weeks.  Are we sure those sales figures didn't drop through a wormhole from 1873?  The top five this week are Elton FocusSimon & Garfunkel, Strawbs and David Cassidy (which is quite the mix), the highest new entry this week was John Denver at #44 and Carly is once again the highest woman at #22.

Wikipedia certainly has some explaining to do - which it both does and doesn't.  There's no entry on the album but there is an entry on the TV series.  And you'll never guess what it was about!  Eight episodes, each one focussing on a different Strauss - sounds FASCINATING!  And it was a British production in the 70s, so it won't surprise you to hear that it had Derek Jacobi and Jane Seymour in it.  It also tells me that the album won't only be waltzes, there will also be polkas and quadrilles on it - I might be able to tell the difference if I'd actually listened to it, but hey ho.

"Customers also listened to" other Strauss-y stuff - who'da guessed it eh?  This is certainly one of the more pointless posts, isn't it?  If you love any of the Strauss stuff then I guess you'll like this - but I'm sure you also already have your go to Strauss options, so you don't need it.  Like I don't need it, but for a slightly different reason.

04/03/73 - Our second or third consecutive instrumental album
18/03/73 - A ridiculously long drum solo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves