Nothing to see here!

Continuing my trip down The Guardian's Top 50 TV Shows of 2021.  

#24 : Call My Agent!

Call My Agent!’s fourth season saw a change of personnel, with showrunner par excellence Fanny Herrero moving on to pastures new. With her departure came a noticeable drop in quality, but let’s be clear. A Herrero-less Call My Agent! is still Call My Agent! It was stylish, funny and star-studded, and still ran circles around most other shows. This year’s season was publicised as its last, but calm down – a fifth season and a movie are now on their way.



So, currently I've still got #21 and #23 on the go - not sure the former is going to be finished, but the latter looks like I'll stay the course (I did!).  So how can I possibly be writing up #24 already?  Maybe I've already seen it and so just have the review all lined up in my mind ready to go?  Well, no...

This is going to sound odd but I've decided not to watch this because I've heard it's really good.  Basically,  I feel I'd have to start at the beginning of season 1 and each episode is approximately an hour - and that's a whole load of time I just don't have at the minute.  Yes, I know I said I'd give everything a go but that was to make sure I'd watch something even if I didn't fancy it - I do actually want to watch this, but it'll have to join the queue of things that I plan to watch, whilst accepting that I never will.

The only person I recognise from the cast is Camille Cottin - who was in the last season of Killing Eve and House Of Gucci playing interesting, but somewhat underwritten parts.  And apparently she wouldn't have been in those shows to be recognised if her profile hadn't been raised massively by this show, so it would be nice to see her given a meaty role to impress.  But we have to accept I never will.

At the time of writing, it's all available on Netflix - so if you want to watch if after this somewhat unusual recommendation for it, then knock yourself out!  If you're already watched it and think I should at least make an effort to do so, as opposed to merely accepting I never will, then please let me know.  But I'll probably just ignore you - I'm like that.

#23 - A suitably twisty season
#25 - A great bit of telly I wouldn't have otherwise watched

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves