I have seen them all and man, they're all the same.

Continuing my trip up #album-of-the-day...

21.11.01 : Graceland - Paul Simon (1986)

I own this album, have previously written about it and love it - the other albums in this round are going to have to go some to beat it.  And it's hard to believe it's 35 years old now.  The channel gave it six thumbs up, three hearts, some positive comments, three joiners and one leaver - lots of activity! 

21.11.02 : An Awesome Wave - Alt-J (2012)

This is the sort of the album that I usually like and I think I used to, but for some reason it just didn't click this time around.

I remembered liking this album, but I'd have to say I was a bit meh on the re-listen - it seemed a bit bland.  Maybe a few more times would re-establish it, but I've still got another 90 minutes of Stadium Arcadium to get through first.

The channel gave it five thumbs up, four joys, two hearts, some positive comments and some less positive comments.  Wikipedia actually has less on the album than I'd expect - it feels like one of those albums that someone would go off on and describe every thought the lead singer had during every meal whilst recording it.  Basically, it came out, the critics liked it, the public liked it a bit, it won the Mercury Prize and then the public liked it a bit more.  And, if the channel are anything to go by, the public now like it a bit less.

"Customers also listened to" Milky Chance, Miike Snow and Cage The Elephant - do we think they might be arty bands as well?  As I said, I might get back into it with effort, but there's absolutely no danger of that effort being made.

21.11.03 : The Score - The Fugees (1996)


I listened to this album at the time and decided I hated it, so was pleasantly surprised when Rolling Stone made me re-listen to it and I liked it.  And I still liked it when I re-visited it here - there's some impressive musicianship on display.  The channel gave this nine hearts, three thumbs up, some positive comments and some discussion around how great and how much hard work Lauryn Hill is (allegedly!).

Well, it's definitely not Alt-J for the win but, although The Fugees put up more competition than many other artists would have, Mr Simon still waltzed off with the spoils.

21.10.27 - Three very successful albums
21.11.04 - An honourable tie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves