We all see the world through our own tiny keyhole

Continuing my trip down Empire’s top 100 films of the century so far…

  • #45 Blade Runner 2049
    I seem to recall this started very slowly and I very nearly gave up on it but, I stuck with it and generally enjoyed it.  It is, of course, though, utter nonsense throughout.
  • #46 Inside Llewyn Davis
    This is exactly the sort of film I hate – a load of whimsical nonsense where very little happens.  With added folk music.  So imagine my surprise when I really enjoyed it.  I’ve absolutely no idea why.
  • #47 Scott Pilgrim vs The World
    It’s not the popular Edgar Wright choice, but I really like this film.  Possibly because it’s closest to Spaced out of all his work, and if you haven’t watched Spaced then you should go and sort that out right now.  No, RIGHT NOW!!
  • #48 Star Wars : The Force Awakens
    Hmmm.  I liked it at the time, but would I bother revisiting it?  Probably not.
  • #49 In Bruges
    This film is fantastically rude and all the more enjoyable for it.
  • #50 Hunt For The Wilderpeople
    This is probably one of the lesser watched films of the list so far, but it’s a proper gem.  Well worth a look if you haven’t yet had the pleasure.
  • #51 Paddington 2 
    Another gem.  Just lovely.  You see, I’m a softie at heart really.
  • #52 Inglorious Basterds
    Pulp Fiction - with Nazis!  I think QT mostly manages to keep this one on the right side of “too much?”, which isn’t always the case..
  • #53 Lord of the Rings – The Two Towers 
    I seem to recall I liked this but can remember pretty much nothing about it.  One to rewatch methinks.
  • #54 Brokeback Mountain
    Nice scenery, I seem to recall.  
  • #55 Captain America – The Winter Solider
    In my opinion, one of the better Marvel films.  It’s, like, got a plot and everything!


Next stop – Before Sunset.  I was definitely approaching this with trepidation.  A sequel to a film where very little happened, you say?  Featuring two people who I didn’t really like that much in the first place?!?  And nine years later as well?!?  Well, count me IN!!!


I guess some people might describe this film as “charming”.  Instead, I would use the word “dull”.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves